• For contemporary Indian art, handpicked booksand art objects visit Gallery Gitanjali just opposite Panjim Inn.
• For authentic Goan souvenirs, proceed to Velha Goa Galleria in Fontainhas Panaji for azulejos, attractive Portuguese style hand painted tiles and ceramics.
• Central Library: For people to read through various collections of books, Journals, Magazines, etc. Situated now at Patto Plaza, Panaji
• Inox leisure limited (Cinema & Movies): Old GMC Heritage Precinct, D.B. Road, Campal& Mall De Goa, Alto Porvorim
1) Panjim Inn: – The Panjim Inn welcomes you to our quaint little town –Panjim which is now known as Panaji and locally as Ponnji.Panjim was originally a fishing village which got developed as the grand old colonial city of Old Goa succumbed to the ravages of Plague. In 1843 Fontainhas became the capital of Panjim and the first area where People settled in is Fontainhas the heart of which is where the Panjim Inn is located.Fontainhas was originally a Coconut plantation which belonged to Jose Antonio Sequeira.He bequeathed it to the Carmelite religious order of “nossaSenhora di chimbel”.With the exodus from Old Goa Demand for land in Fontainhas grew and the Carmelites parceled out land rapidly.Fontainhas Developed in a haphazard manner with winding alleys and narrow lanes and a number of charming mansions came up.The Panjim Inn was one of the original grand houses of Fontainhas Built by Francis Assis D’ Silveirain the 1880’s.It was converted into a Heritage Hotel by Eng. Ajit Sukhija a 4th generation descendent of Silveira and is presently managed by him and his family members.As you walk along you will see that the interiors are supported by thick 90 cm laterite load bearing walls which at times gives the interiors a dark and foreboding look.Laterite stones were a common building material used in the walls of Old Goan houses and these were plastered with lime.You will see that the insignia “FAS” of Francis Assis D’ Silveira adorns the pelmets and railings of the Panjim Inn.
The River Mandovi traverses the lands of Goa and finally descends into the great Arabian Sea forming a marvelous spectacle. The Miramar beach is a mute spectator to this beautiful union and provides an opportunity to its visitor to enjoy the same. Situated in Panjim, Miramar offers pristine white sand beaches full of sunshine and also a readily available canopy of palm and coconut tree roof. A stroll down the beach is sure to set the heart racing with fragrant aroma of food, drinks and an amazing blend of crowd intermingling for the ultimate enjoyment. The view of the setting Sun from Miramar beach is stunning and is not to be missed. A word of caution however, it is safe to be on the beach than waters due to the strong undercurrents.
The Bambolim beach and its surroundings are very famous for the multifarious activities which are an integral package of the beach. Long walks through the well manicured lawns, Beach Volley Ball, Para sailing, Jet skiing, Scuba Diving and many more such fun and trill filled activities are a regular feature at this beautiful beach. Regular attractions like Volleyball, Cricket and Tennis also feature on the beach. A fully loaded Health Club providing Jacuzzi, Sauna and a multi station gym is also available for the enthusiasts. Ayurvedic and Kerala massage providers roam the beach with special creams and oil to provide a rejuvenating massage.